AllSaints Balfern Leather Jacket 1 Year Review

2.19.2018

allsaints leather jacket 1 year review

Last year I did a quick post mentioning all the reasons why I love my AllSaints balfern biker jacket. I wrote it because when I was looking to buy my leather jacket I did as much research as possible before I splurged on it. I loved reading peoples reviews and seeing how they styled their jacket. I'm glad I wrote it because it's been one of my most popular posts ever! I get a lot of messages from you all asking about the fit and sizing so today I'm doing a 1-year review. I've had it since November of 2016, so a little over a year but enough to tell you guys how it wears. 

allsaints biker jacket review

I had owned several faux leather jackets but had always dreamed of having a real one. But when I realized how expensive they are I figured I would just stick to the faux stuff. But then I discovered AllSaints leather jackets, specifically the balfern and could not stop thinking about it. I started saving and thinking about it for MONTHS. Part of me didn't want to spend that much money but then another part knew that it would be a staple in my closet. Fast forward to now and it's my favorite and most used jacket ever. It was 100% worth every penny!
all saints biker jacket review

What I Love...

  • The leather is comfortable and buttery soft!
  • The zippers and details are perfectly placed. It's enough to make it edgy and interesting but still classic. The zippers on the sleeves are my favorite. I've seen a lot of jackets where the zippers will have fabric behind them but these don't. So I can unzip them and show off my watch & jewelry!
  • As far as wear, it looks just as good as the day I got it! The only difference is that it's now molded to my body better. 
  • The leather smell is amazing! It serves as a reminder that I made a great purchase. 
  • All the hardware and lining feel high quality & sturdy.
  • It's heavy enough that it feels well made and luxurious but not heavy to where I don't like wearing it.
  • The belt is attatched. This is great because I don't have to worry about ever losing it!

What I Don't Love...

  • The price is the only negative here! I absolutely love this jacket as you can probably tell by how many times I've worn it on my blog and instagram. It's definitely worth saving up for. 
1 year review on allsaints balfern leather jacket

The Fit & Sizing
The fit is just what I was looking for. It's not a cropped style so it makes it easier to wear. It's not long either - it hits a little below my belly button. I bought it in size US 4/ UK 8 and it fits my body snuggly but with enough room for thick sweaters underneath. I could've bought the US 2 and been fine but I knew I wanted to wear it with sweaters and wanted to make sure I had enough room. For size reference, I am typically a size US 2/US 4 & XS/S.

If you're debating whether or not to get one I say treat your self! You'll get so much wear out of it and you won't have to worry about buying another leather jacket for years! 

allsaints balfern biker jacket review

Few Tips to Save Money!
  • Buy during Black Friday week if you can because they usually offer around 30% off on the AllSaints website. 
  • Check the sale on the AllSaints website. Their jackets in certain colors (usually light colors) go on sale. And around the end of December, they typically will discount an additional percentage off of their sale. It's the perfect way to get a great deal on an amazing leather jacket!
  • Use Ebates when you buy it! I would suggest to either buy it from Bloomingdales or AllSaints because they both offer Ebates. If you're not familiar with Ebates, it's basically like you're getting paid to shop! You can sign up here
Those are all my tips. I hope this will be helpful to any of you guys looking to purchase this jacket! I tried to cover everything but let me know if I missed anything. Feel free to send me an email or dm me on instagram if you have any questions!

Thanks for reading! xx

41 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much Helena! I'm glad you enjoyed the post! :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning outfit! I like your blog, wanna follow each other?;)

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice look, the leather jacket is fantastic!
    Have a beautiful evening!
    Regards,
    Flo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Seriously the best jacket ever! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, the jacket looks really great on you!! Could you tell your hight? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just ordered this year's model from the Allsaints website in Tuscan red. I was hemming and hawing to myself about the price but I have always wanted a legit leather jacket. I went and paid full price because I need a US 10 and larger sizes are never available end of season so if I wait I probably wouldn't get what I want. I found your review because now that I have ordered I thought is it going to be worth the money. I think it will. I have seen many jackets like this priced higher. The Tuscan red is unique color as well so I think I will enjoy that very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just like you! I really didn't want to spend that much money on a jacket but had always wanted a good quality leather jacket and it's one of my best purchases to this day. Still get super happy every time I wear it, it's perfect. The tuscan red color sounds amazing, you made a good choice! :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you are a great author.I
    will make sure to bookmark your blog and will often come
    back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage you continue your great job, have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    I really love this jacket. I’m usually a UK 8 (US 4), but I’ve bought a couple of Allsaints jackets before and they’ve been quite snug. This looks quite loose on the model on the website and I mostly want to wear with a dress or T shirt. My bust is about 82cms and waist about 69cms. Can u offer any advice please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should go with your usual UK 8. I tried to convert the measurements you gave me to inches and you sound like you're around the same size as me and I went with the UK8/US4. It's not snug at all on me and I have found that it molds and conforms to my body with wear since it is leather. If you're still not sure you could try ordering from a retailer that offers free exchanges! xx

      Delete
  8. Hi, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's truly excellent,
    keep up writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... Ladies leather jacket

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goddess !!! You look, Lady, stunning and so elegant in all these outfits and in your real leather jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to to thank you for this wonderful read!!

    I definitely loved every bit of it. I've got you book-marked
    to check out new things you post...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep this going please, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, this was an extremely nice post. Finding the time and
    actual effort to make a superb article? but what can I say?
    I hesitate a lot and never seem to get nearly anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I do believe this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it
    ;) I am going to come back once again since I saved as a favorite it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and
    continue to guide others.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi to all, it's truly a nice for me to pay a quick visit this site,
    it contains precious Information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Does your website have a contact page? I'm having trouble
    locating it but, I'd like to send you an email. I've got some creative
    ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way,
    great site and I look forward to seeing it develop over time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive a 40 foot drop, just
    so she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I could not resist commenting. Exceptionally well written!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I definitely enjoyed reading it, you may be a
    great author.I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and may come
    back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage one to continue your great work, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey there, You have performed a fantastic job.
    I will definitely digg it and in my opinion recommend to my
    friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this website.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your
    post's to be just what I'm looking for. Does
    one offer guest writers to write content available for you?

    I wouldn't mind publishing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you
    write with regards to here. Again, awesome web site!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful, what a blog it is! This weblog provides valuable facts to us,
    keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for putting up.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as
    long as I provide credit and sources back to your
    webpage? My blog site is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this ok with you. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you happen to be a great author.
    I will ensure that I bookmark your blog and will come back very soon. I want
    to encourage you continue your great work, have a nice morning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excellent web site you've got here.. It's difficult to find high
    quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate
    people like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay google is my queen helped me to find this great
    internet site!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Simply wanna admit that this is very beneficial, Thanks for taking your time
    to write this.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I was able to find good info from your content.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Real nice design and style and superb content, absolutely nothing
    else we want :D.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I genuinely enjoy looking through on this internet site, it contains fantastic posts.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi there! Lovely post and great review. Could I please ask how tall you are? I'm also around the same sizing (XS, S) but I'm on the smaller side (5"1) and wanted to know if the US 4 would still be okay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm 5'2 so the US 4 should work for you! I also want to mention that I recently bought another balfern jacket in a different color but got a size US 0 because it was on sale lol and I really wanted it and it fits good too! But I cant wear anything thick under that size bc it would be too tight. So it really depends on how you'd like it to fit. If you like how it looks in the photo above go with a US 4 :)

      Delete
  33. nice article, i like it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Simply Nancy. Design by FCD.