Matcha Love

6.06.2017

how to make an iced matcha green tea latte




how to make an iced matcha latte

smoothie bowl and iced green tea latte



My latest obsession is matcha green tea powder. In today's post I'll be showing you how I use it to make an iced latte. It's also great for hot lattes but I usually prefer iced especially now that it's practically summer. I like drinking it alongside my breakfast to help me kick start my mornings. Not only is it a great coffee replacement because it contains caffeine but it's also jam-packed with antioxidants! Antioxidants are what our bodies use to help fight off free radicals - molecules that age and damage our cells. One benefit that I've already noticed from taking matcha is that it keeps me feeling fuller for longer. That way I don't feel like snacking throughout the whole day.

These measurements are approximate as I tend to not measure anything.

1/4 cup hot water (not boiling because you can burn the matcha which makes it bitter)
1/2 - 1 tsp matcha green tea powder - I've tried this one but this one is my favorite!
3/4 cups almond milk (coconut milk is great too!)
ice cubes
honey to taste
milk frother - here is one but ikea makes the best one for under $3! (to dissolve and blend the matcha powder)

Step 1: Mix the matcha powder into the hot water
Step 2: Use the frother to blend it up and get rid of clumps. If you don't have a frother a blender works just as good to mix it all up. 
Step 3: Sweeten with honey or your favorite sweetener.
Step 4: Fill up with your glass with almond milk and ice cubes.
Step 5: Add a cute straw, stir and enjoy!! 

Are any of you matcha addicts like me? Let me know what your favorite morning drink is down in the comments! :)

Follow

6 comments

  1. I'm not a matcha fan but I'm sure any matcha addict would love this.

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love matcha! I find it delicious but I know its not everybody's cup of tea.

    Nathalie
    www.nathalie-alexandra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A lot of my friends/family don't like it... they don't know what they're missing haha :)

      Delete
  3. I love all things matcha too! This looks so good!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Simply Nancy. Design by FCD.