Flu and Cayenne Drink

10.04.2015

Looks like the flu season has begun. I've been in my bed almost all day bundled up in my blankets and drinking lots of liquids (cayenne drink, water, and kombucha). Next I will take a steamy hot shower, make soup, and get warm and cozy up in my bed again. I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrow I feel better since I have to leave my house to go to my classes. 

If any of you have the flu too I recommend trying a cayenne drink, it's supposed to boost your immune system and help you feel better sooner. A few of the ingredients commonly used are cayenne powder, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, lemon, apple cider vinegar, and manuka honey. You can customize it to your liking. 

I used:
about a cup of warm/hot water
1 tsp-1tbsp of manuka honey
1-2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar
a tiny pinch of cayenne powder

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Simply Nancy. Design by FCD.