Denim + Leather Weekend Look

3.27.2018

how to wear denim in the spring

american eagle wander leather tote, steve madden carrson block heel sandals, levis 501 skinny

levis 501 skinny, stripe baby tee, allsaints balfern biker jacket


Hey babes! I love to give off a casual, effortless vibe with my outfits so the key for me is to have tons of basics! As a blogger, I sometimes feel the need to be constantly buying new pieces I don't need just to have something new to shoot. But the truth is that can get expensive real quick! Instead, I like to stick with staple pieces that I can wear over and over again but also include a few trendy pieces. So here's my spring closet must-haves for girls who still wanna look cute on a budget!

Spring Closet Staples
  • 2-4 pairs of jeans/shorts in different styles so they go with a wide variety of tops. For me, it's a comfy pair of ripped skinny jeans (my fave), a non ripped skinny jean, and a cool pair of high waisted looser fit jeans (these are the best). Pick a good wash - I love a good medium wash because it's easy to style with everything I own. A black pair of jeans is also a staple because they'll be there for you when all your other jeans turn against you haha. 
  • A few jackets that you can easily throw on when it gets chilly. For me, it's a black leather jacket and a beige lightweight jacket. The beige jacket works so well for daytime and the color goes with just about everything. And the leather jacket looks amazing with a flirty floral dress or with a sexy LBD. Khaki utility/ parka jackets and denim jackets are also a good choice. 
  • Now for the tops. This is where I like to incorporate the trendier pieces. Apart from having a few t-shirts and camis in neutral colors I'll see what's popular on websites like Lulu's and Forever 21 and pick a few pieces that stand out and look cute but can still wear more than once. For example, I just bought this top. I've seen this style of top a lot all over instagram and I wanted to try it so I found it on F21 for just under $10! It's in white so I will have no problem styling it for spring + summer but will layer great for fall. And then there are the exceptions, like this top. I've been obsessed with lemon prints since for the last couple of years because they are so adorable but let's be honest I won't be able to get a lot of wear out of it because it's a much more 'memorable' top. But that's okay sometimes. 

Now all I have to do is mix + match to come up with endless combinations. What is one spring trend you really want to try? I would love to try a two piece set like this or this

Thanks for reading! Xx


7 comments

  1. Perfect Style - Love it

    FOLLOW my Blog!!! Maybe we can follow each other!!!
    www.rimanerenellamemoria.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! <3
    You definitely should check out my blog!
    https://bernadeta200.blogspot.lt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog. I think I should buy a Black Leather Jacket. This is really good.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Simply Nancy. Design by FCD.