Shiny + Healthy Hair | DIY Rosemary Rinse

6.20.2015

rosemary hair rinse diy
When summer rolls around I find myself wishing I had longer hair for making beautiful braids - I am not very skilled with braids, but hey, I can dream...

So I have begun making a few changes to my hair routine as well as my diet so that it will grow faster! One of the changes is using a rosemary hair rinse. There's a big rosemary bush in my garden so why not? Plus, it's super easy!

What you need
- two sprigs of rosemary
- jar or bottle
- stove + pot with lid
- water

How to make it
1. Pour about 1-2 cups of water into pot and bring to a boil. I never measure my water so this is an estimate of how much I use.
2. Once the water is boiling, drop the rosemary into the pot and cover. Leave the water boiling for about 5 more minutes then turn off stove.
3. Let the pot cool off for about an hour. Once it has cooled it is ready to use.

Now all you have to do is pour it into a big jar or bottle and take it into the shower with you. This is a hair rinse so you use it once you have shampooed + conditioned your hair. So right before I am about to hop out the shower I pour it over my hair, making sure to get all of my hair covered and I also massage it into my scalp. Then I squeeze the excess out of my hair with my hand and I am done!

rosemary hair rinse diy
Now, let's talk about why I use it. Rosemary is said to stimulate hair growth because applying it on the scalp improves circulation which means more nutrients can get to your hair and make it grow longer and healthier. It makes my hair shiny and soft too! I was not expecting my hair to feel softer from using this rinse but it has and I love it! Who doesn't love shiny + soft hair? Oh, and I love the aroma that the rosemary gives off when I am making this, it's so nice!

I have also read that it naturally darkens your hair so if you have lighter hair and wouldn't like it darkened I would stay away from this. But this would be good if you have greys in your hair that you want to cover.

2 comments

Latest Instagrams

© Simply Nancy. Design by FCD.