Creating a Picture Perfect Cheese Platter

2.22.2017

create the perfect cheese platter for a picnic

fentimans rose lemonade wine glasses

raspberry and rose lemonade wine glasses

create the perfect cheese platter for a picnic

nikon film camera ray-ban sunglasses and pink tulips


nikon film camera ray-ban sunglasses


Forever 21 top // Rue 21 jeans, similar here & here //Aldo shoes, similar here // Ray-ban sunglasses // Necklace

What better way to spend valentine's day than having a picnic with a friend? The sky was clear and sunny so me and a friend headed out to the lake for a picnic. First stop was the grocery store to pick out some cheeses, fruits, spreads, and fresh flowers. I hadn't tried many kinds of cheese before so it was fun picking out a couple and hoping I would enjoy them haha! Then we were off to the park. The most fun part was definitely unpacking and arranging it all so it would be picture perfect!  We loved almost all the food we bought (olives are not my thing!) and we had a great time!

I created a basic list of things to bring along to make things easier if you guys want to plan one!

Food
- cheese (we had brie, gruyere, & herb)
- fruit (berries, grapes, pears, figs)
- olives
-crackers/baguette
- fruit preserves (fig is my favorite!)
- your favorite drink or mineral water (we had rose lemonade)

Other things to bring along
- blanket (we used this one - it's on sale!)
- wooden/marble platter (my friend made the ones we used but this one & this one are really cute too!)
- napkins
- fresh flowers (a must in my opinion!)
- cute props (sunglasses, hats, etc.)
- pillows
- wine glasses
- small bowls/ramekins
- knives/spoons (love these gold ones!)
- a big bag/basket to carry everything in

Let me know what your favorite foods to bring on a picnic are! I would love to have some new ideas :)

SHOP THE POST

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Simply Nancy. Design by FCD.